Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sleep over

After work on Friday Lindsey and I went to a wedding reception and then out for ice-cream with her parents. Then we felt guilty about eating ice-cream, so we went on a long run. We didn't get home until 11:00 p.m. Chad was on a camp out, and we were planning on a bike ride in the morning so Lindsey slept over.
Allen tucked her in like a burrito
She was as snug as a bug in a rug
In the morning we went on a bike ride up into Alpine. As we turned around to head back I noticed that my bike wasn't riding right.
I had my first flat ever! Just so happens that I also had my camera. Natalie stayed back with me as I changed it. The back tire is harder to change then the front because of the chain.
I'm glad I had the experience because It made me realize how long it would take me to do it if I were in a race. I found a thorn in the back tire. Darn those thorns.
As Natalie and I headed back it started to rain. Then there was lightning, and it was close. It was awesome. We were so drenched and dirty by the time we got back to the house. It made me kind of miss riding outside.

1 comment:

Marri said...

Riding with friends even makes a flat tire more fun. Glad you ladies had a blast!!