Saturday, August 2, 2008

ULTOT 2008

ULTOT is an event that the Timp Tri Club started last year. It stand for Utah Lake Top Of Timp. We met at Utah lake (4,500 ft elevation) at 5:30 a.m., swam a mile, jumped on our bikes and biked to the Timpooneke camp ground (about a 17 miles up, up, up to 7,200 ft elevation), and then hiked/ran 7.2 miles to the top to Timpanogos (11,750 ft elevation). So if you look at the picture, we started in the water and ended on the tipy top of the mountain behind it, for a total elevation gain of 7,250 ft! Ouch!
I did the swim and the bike and part of the hike. My stomach started to hurt pretty bad so I decided to turn back instead of pushing it. I did it last year and it was amazing. I was bummed that I got sick. There were 21 people that did it. Not all went to the top but they all participated in the event. Allen, being the president organized everything and supervised the event. He was willing to stay at the trail head and watch all of the bikes to make sure no one took off with them. Some of them were about $3,500.00+ bikes. He's a great president! Everyone loves him.

No comments: