Saturday, August 30, 2008

3 Day Federal Jury Trial

This week I assisted in a 3 day Federal Jury Trial. The attorneys from our firm presented the case with passion. At the end of our third day of presenting our clients case,it was up to the jury to make the decision, and to tell you the truth I'm glad it was them and not me. This wasn't a open and closed case. I was bias of course but I always like to play devils advocate and try and see things from the other side. It was suspenseful. This was our lead attorneys (he was the main attorney on the case) first trial of any kind, as he has only been licensed for a little over a year. The opposing counsel on the other hand has been practicing for ruffly fourteen years and has done numerous trials. They defiantly had experience on their side. Anyway, the jury was sent home at 9:00 p.m. on the third day, and were asked to come back in the morning. I didn't attend court on the fourth day but wished I could have been there. Around 2:00 p.m., 11 1/2 hours of deliberating, the jury found in favor of our client. It was so exciting. It was nice to see that all of the hard work and late nights the attorneys put into the case paid off. It's amazing to see how dedicated the attorneys are to their clients and their cases. We have got some great attorneys at our firm.

No comments: