Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bike ride up American Fork Canyon


This morning Natalie, Bret, Allen and I biked up American Fork Canyon. We went 24.6 miles in 1 hour and 56 minutes. It was a steep ride. We climbed over 2,818 feet in elevation. It was a beautiful crisp morning. The canyon is so green this time of year. I only almost died once, when I accidentally veered off the road into the gravel and then over corrected pulling myself back on the road when a big truck was passing by. That scared me so I swerved back into the gravel almost laying down my bike. I was able to unclip my left foot, catching myself before I fell over all the way. Exciting stuff! After the long and torturous climb up the canyon we practically flew down the mountain on our way back. This is normally a lot of fun but because I lost feeling in my fingers because it was cold, it made it hard to apply the brakes. The winding roads were sometimes intense.


No comments: